Pages

Downloading Disabled

Thursday 21 August 2014

Proposal going viral

When my friend asked me to photograph her little sister's flash mob proposal, how could I say no.  For those who haven't yet seen it on facebook or you tube here is the video:
Flash mob proposal

What an amazing thing for family and friends to help organize and I even have to admit I got a little bit emotional when everyone around me was crying.

Here are some photos of family and friends arriving, rehearsing and then hiding....




<










 After being shown to their seats in the bar, the groom to be disappeared to the toilet.  I was so glad I had someone to sit with at the bar so it didn't look too suspicious.  As soon as her favourite song came on Harriet was just texting her boyfriend, when she looked up and saw her sister walking towards her singing, followed by everyone else....






 Well of course she said yes!




I am so happy to have been part of this amazing experience although I have learned a few lessons along the way.  Unfortuantely I was unable to get to the restaurant before the event and the light was not easy to work with, which I would have known if I had made the time.  I also did not expect the story to go viral over the internet, so I definitely need to look in to how to protect my photos or at least ensure I am being credited for their usage.  But all in all I'm glad the evening was a success and wish the happy couple a wonderful life together.

To see the articles where the story is featured, check out the links below:
Herald and Post
Chronicle and Echo
The Church Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment